What To Do When Fiduciaries Fail To Fulfill Their Duties

You are right to seek legal help if someone with financial responsibilities for an older person or a disabled person has fallen down in those responsibilities. The same is true of a fiduciary such as an executor or trustee after a death. Did someone take advantage of the opportunity to tap into your family member’s monetary assets inappropriately?

For Plaintiffs In Breach Of Fiduciary Duty Cases

Contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey T. Vanderveen to ask an experienced estate litigation lawyer for advice on what to do in any of these or similar circumstances:

  • Someone with a power of attorney for your parent, grandparent or disabled relative persuaded your family member to transfer money to him or her inappropriately. Your family member may have been in poor mental condition when your sibling or a caregiver obtained or misused a power of attorney for personal gain. Your parent, grandparent or disabled relative may still be alive or may have passed away. In either case, lawyer Jeffrey T. Vanderveen can review the facts and determine whether this is cause to bring legal action against the exploitive party.
  • A conservator of your family member has failed to manage financial assets in the best interests of that family member.
  • A banker, investment broker or lawyer handling elder law or estate matters for your loved one wrongly took funds to gain an unfair benefit from accounts he or she was responsible for monitoring or managing.
  • Your sibling, cousin or family friend, acting as the executor, administrator or trustee of your grandparent’s or parent’s estate, has not fulfilled the duties set forth in the will, in state law, or in the trust or trusts containing the decedent’s assets.

While still alive, a person whose assets are managed by a trustee relies on the trustee’s integrity and fulfillment of the responsibility to manage those assets in the best interests of the principle. After death, a trustee has the duty of distributing assets according to the terms of the trusts.

Whatever the fiduciary relationship and whatever circumstances that have led to breach of fiduciary duties by a trustee or any fiscally responsible party, my law firm, The Law Offices of Jeffrey T. Vanderveen can pursue the legal remedy to get the best result in your case. From law offices in Carlsbad and Mission Viejo, I serve clients throughout the area.

For Defendants

As an experienced trial lawyer, I can also represent you as a defendant if you have been accused of breach of fiduciary duties. Bring your case to my attention as soon as possible for best results.

Contact An Experienced California Attorney

To schedule a consultation about a contested will, trust litigation or a breach of fiduciary duties claim, call 760-643-4044 or 949-380-8440 or email us through this website.

Contact The Law Offices Of Jeffrey T. Vanderveen